I am a spiritual being.
I nourish my soul, as well as my body and mind.
I contemplate my life purpose. I determine my priorities and set meaningful goals. I devote my time and energy to activities I feel passionate about.
I connect with the divine. I let go of my expectations and judgements. I allow myself to be curious and hopeful. I open up to my innermost self and realize how much I have in common with others. I feel grateful for my life and want to participate in the greater whole.
I study inspirational texts. I read scriptures and commentary about my religion. I browse online and visit bookstores to discover new insights and perspectives.
I meditate and pray. I create a quiet and sacred place at home where I can practice my faith and explore my beliefs. I set aside time each day for my spiritual practice.
I take care of myself. Keeping myself fit and strong increases my capacity to work on my spiritual wellness. I join a spiritual community. I reach out to others who share my beliefs and concerns. We support each other and worship together.
I give generously to others. I care about other creatures and want them to be happy. I appreciate beauty and joy. Wonder and laughter help me to celebrate the divine. I notice miracles and make time to play.
Today, I experience being part of something larger than myself. My faith provides guidance and comfort. I feel harmonious and whole.
1. What qualities do I look for in a spiritual community?
2. How does my faith help me to resolve conflicts?
3. How would I describe my spiritual journey?
The Surprising Connection Between Being Busy and Being Healthy
Do you believe the stereotype of busy professionals grabbing fast food burgers and letting their treadmills collect dust while they’re rushing from one meeting to the next? In reality, a growing body of research shows that being busy helps you to make healthier choices.
To be more precise, thinking you’re busy seems to increase your sense of self-importance, as well as your self-control. That’s the conclusion from several recent studies of university students at a global business school.
After writing an essay about how much they had to do, they were more likely to opt for apples over brownies and extra credit over a day off.
There are at least two exceptions to the findings. Feeling pressed for time undermined self-control and made the students more likely to indulge themselves. Also, being busy had less effect on students who were described as having a low work ethic.
If you’re trying to live healthier, cultivating a busy mindset may help. See how having a full plate can and busy mindset may help you to stay focused on your long-term wellbeing.
Doing Meaningful Work
If you find your job fulfilling, being busy at the office may enhance your fitness as well as your finances. On the other hand, if you’re not fully engaged, you may need to change your thinking or rely on other activities to boost your self-esteem.
1. Continue learning. Keeping your skills and knowledge up to date will give you the qualifications you need to work on challenging and interesting projects. 1 Sign up for workplace trainings and take courses online.
2. Build community. Developing relationships with your colleagues adds to job satisfaction. Be generous with your time and assistance and attend office parties.
3. Recognize your power. Regardless of your job description, you have the ability to make your job more gratifying. Learn as much as possible about your company and your industry. Think about the purpose behind your tasks.
4. Reshape your job. You may even be able to adjust your responsibilities. Volunteer for assignments that leverage your strengths and join committees that will make you more visible.
5. Pursue your passions. Channel your time and efforts into activities that excite you, whether it’s during the work day or on your own time. Think less about money and more about doing what you love and making a difference.
Dealing with Time Pressures
A long to do list will backfire if you feel like you lack the time to complete it. Learn how to manage your time so you can stay busy without becoming burnt out.
1. Track your time. Figure out where you currently spend most of your hours. You can find free apps online like Clockify or Toggle or use a plain old paper journal.
2. Set priorities. Block out time for the activities that add the most value to your life. Limit distractions like watching TV and superficial phone conversations.
3. Break things down. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, organize large projects into 2 smaller steps. Work backwards from the final deadline so you can set reasonable targets that you can meet.
4. Work mindfully. You’ll accomplish more with less stress by tackling one thing at a time. If you’re still distracted by other thoughts, write them down so you can return to them later.
5. Sleep well. To remain productive and healthy, resist any temptation to cut back on the TV. Go to bed early so you’ll be refreshed and ready for your next busy day.
A demanding job can actually be an asset when you’re trying to stay healthy. Use those busy feelings to reinforce your sense of self-esteem and encourage you to make choices that will keep you strong and fit.
Healthy Habits to Start Your Day Off Right
If you're striving to live a healthier life, starting the day off right can make the difference in achieving your goals for the day. It's not always easy to live a healthy life, but if you incorporate changes gradually, you'll affect your lifestyle in positive ways. Starting your day with healthy practices helps establish a healthy mindset for the rest of the day.
Implementing these healthy habits in the morning will invigorate you all day:
1. Get plenty of sleep the night before. Experts advise 7 to 8 hours of sleep nightly for your health.
2. Establish a routine to take care of your skin. Clean your face with facial soap or cleanser, apply a toner or astringent, and finish with your facial moisturizer.
3. Drink plenty of liquids as a healthy start to your day. Hydrating your body and skin for the day is a habit that will pay off in many ways. It helps your body and mind all the way down to the cellular level for peak performance.
4. Have a good breakfast. The possibilities for a healthy breakfast are varied:
5. Remember your vitamin! If your doctor recommends a vitamin supplement, after breakfast in the morning is usually an opportune time to take it. Taking your vitamin ensures you're doing what you can to get adequate vitamins and minerals.
6. Consider taking a morning walk either before or after breakfast. Exercising in the morning brings vitality to your day.
7. Write a short list of tasks you hope to accomplish. Being organized is another healthy way to start your day. Make it a ritual to sit down for a few minutes in your morning to gather your thoughts and make a plan for the day.
8. Take care of your teeth in the morning. So important to healthy living, brushing your teeth thoroughly is integral to good health and a great start to your day.
If you're trying to live a healthier life, you would do well to incorporate these habits into your mornings. Making changes in your lifestyle are best when introduced gradually. Keep your health goals foremost in your mind and these healthy habits will automatically have you starting your days with a smile
JMP Crop Top
The organic crop top is soft, comfy, and what's more, made of 100% organic cotton. This premium crop is bound to become a favorite for every eco-conscious buyer.
• Material: 100% organic cotton
• Fabric weight: 4.42 oz/yd² (150 g/m²)
• Relaxed fit
• Side-seamed construction
• Blank product sourced from Latvia
Mind & Spirit Detox Guide - EBook
Are You Suffering From Mental Toxins Or Struggling With Spiritual Pollutants? Detoxing is not just about the body! It’s Time For You To Learn How To Detox Your Mind & Spirit too!
With This Digital Guide...
To make it easy, I’ve put together a step-by-step guide that will show you exactly how it’s done...
Along with this downloadable E-Book you will also receive a CHEAT SHEET with key bullet points to remember as a FREE BONUS!
Thank you for reading, interacting through the comments & sharing my posts. 🤗🥰🥰