As many people do this time of year, chances are that you're planning to make a New Year's Resolution. Or maybe you’ve already made one. For example, you might have vowed to start writing more or get fit.
Your desire is admirable, but sometimes it isn't easy to keep resolutions from slipping through your fingers. Most people fail to meet their New Year's resolution because they don’t have a plan.
To complete your goal, it’s important to have a specific action plan carefully considered. It's also crucial for your success that you write down when, where, and exactly how you intend to execute this plan to reach the finish line.
These tips can help you crush your New Year's resolution:
1. Pick one item at a time. Take your time and focus on your most important goal at the moment. It’s easy to get overwhelmed when you have many things to do at the same time, so prioritize one goal.
2. Make your goal specific. You’re more likely to achieve your resolution if you know what it is. Identify specific behaviors and activities you will do to fulfill the dream, which can be as simple as reading more books or making time for exercise each day. Include a timeline for completion and the steps necessary to reach the goal. 1
3. Take your time to plan. Write down the steps toward the resolution and plan out how you're going to get there. Organization is vital: you might want to write down which days of the week are best for completing your goal, what time of day works best for you, and what tools will help you reach success.
4. Start small. For example, if you want to read more books, you don't have to start reading a novel right away. Start with one chapter at a time and keep track of how many pages and hours you read each day. For example, if you want to walk 30 minutes each day, start by walking 5 minutes once a day and gradually build up over time.
5. Avoid expecting too much too quickly. You might feel tempted to make a resolution that requires you to reach a certain level of physical fitness right away, but it's a good idea to set realistic expectations.
6.Publicize your resolution. Tell your goal to others close to you and ask them to keep you in check if they notice that you're not sticking to the plan.
7. Get a partner to keep you accountable. Tell your partner that you're making a plan to stick with your resolution and ask them to hold you responsible by checking in with you regularly. For example, if you want to write more, ask them to help you schedule your writing time into your daily routine, and if you wish to exercise, get them to join you for some extra encouragement.
8.Reward yourself. Rewards are an effective way to boost your morale. You might give yourself a little break once you've reached your resolution, or you can reward yourself with a small gift when you complete the first step in your goal.
9. Learn from your past New Year’s resolution failures. Perhaps you haven't had the best luck with resolutions in the past. That's an excellent opportunity to determine what went wrong and what you can do differently this time around. 2
10. Express gratitude for completing tasks, even little ones. Appreciate all the little things along the way. If you reach a milestone in getting your resolution done, express how happy you are about that achievement. Write down how much you enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and gratitude for doing something good for yourself.
Regardless of how difficult it is to make -- and keep -- a New Year's resolution, you can accomplish it. Remember to write down what you’d like to accomplish.
Then, focus on a specific goal and achieve that one before you go on to a new one.
With a plan in place and following these strategies, step by step, you’ll find that your New Year’s resolution isn’t so hard to stick with after all!
Good luck and Au revoir 2021! 2022 ready or not here we come!!
Your attitude impacts everything in your life. EVERYTHING!
Your happiness, satisfaction, career, and relationships are all impacted by your attitude. Life can be challenging, which can make maintaining a positive mental attitude even more challenging. But, if you want to turn your life around, having a good attitude is the first step to making everything else possible. A positive mental attitude is crucial to success and happiness!
Use these strategies to maintain a positive attitude:
1. Plan an exciting future. If you have a future that excites you, it’s easy to feel positive about life. Even if things are challenging today, you have an exciting life to look forward to. Think about the kind of life you’d like to live. Plan your future and ensure that it’s appealing to you. It should be motivating enough to put smile on your face.
2. Be successful each day. Set yourself up to be successful each day. You can do this by making a short to-do list that you know you can complete. Give yourself the experience of being successful each day. You can start with something as simple as making your bed and flossing your teeth before work.
3. Keep your thoughts positive. Positive thoughts lead to a positive attitude. Your brain is always thinking something, and you have control over your thoughts if 1 you choose to exercise that control. Pay attention to what you’re thinking and keep your mind occupied with thoughts that serve you.
4. Remember your triumphs. If you’re feeling down or hopeless, take a few minutes to remember all the amazing things you’ve accomplished. It’s easy to forget all the things you’ve already mastered and succeeded at.
5. Remind yourself that you’re making progress. Even if you’re struggling in a particular area of your life, you’re still making progress. It might be challenging to see, or it might be less progress than you like. However, it’s still progress and a good reason to have a positive attitude.
6. Have something fun to look forward to. What do you have to look forward to in the next month? It could be a movie with a friend or a weekend getaway. Maybe you’re finally going to buy that shirt you’ve had your eye on.
7. Eliminate the negative from your life. The negative things in your life can drag you down. Removing as many of these negative things from your life as possible can make positivity a lot easier to find and maintain.
8. Surround yourself with people that support you. Rather than spending time with people that sour your attitude, try surrounding yourself with those that lift you up. Life is much easier and more enjoyable with positive people in your corner. Make a list of the people in your life and give them a rating. Determine which of them help you and which are harmful. Start making a few adjustments.
9. Forgive yourself. Okay, you’ve made a few mistakes, ruined a few relationships, 2 and squandered a few opportunities. Who hasn’t? It’s time to forgive yourself for your missteps and enjoy your life again. What do you gain by holding a grudge against yourself?
Do you have a positive attitude in general? Are you optimistic or pessimistic? How do you think that influences your life?
Having a positive mental attitude leads to greater success. You’ll also be happier and be more attractive to others. Try to see the bright side of things and expect the best.
Life is more challenging when you have a negative attitude. Period!
Soooooo I have been recognized for my work as an Entrepreneur in the United States. The Stellar Business Award is a testament to my focus on motivation and elevation. It's always satisfying to be recognized for my work. From humble beginnings, I plan to grow my brand and name into a major player in the Entrepreneurial & Motivational spaces.
Here’s a little about my company for those that are not familiar with it:
JMP EMPIRES LLC serves anyone looking to shift their mindsets to being more productive, happy and confident. It is also the Head of House under which all other independent contractor deals with JMP fall. The creator, Jessica M Parker, advocates for building the life of your dreams through your creativity, determination and with the proper mindset. YOUR ONLY LIMIT IS YOU!
I have been awarded this honor for excellence in Entrepreneurship and could not be more humbled to share this success with my customers, followers, friends and everyone else involved in my own personal growth.
Thank you for reading, interacting through the comments & sharing my posts. 🤗🥰🥰